Prep time: 45mins | Cook Time: 15-25mins | Serves: 6
¼ cup whole milk
¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
700 g ground chicken thigh fillet
¼ cup finely-chopped scallion (white and green parts)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp minced onion
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup blueberry jam
1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 260°C (500°F). Spray a mini-muffin pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the milk and Panko breadcrumbs and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground chicken, scallion, garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, and egg to the bowl with the breadcrumbs. Use your hands to mix the ingredients just until combined.
4. Shape the meat mixture into balls using about 3 tablespoons of meat per meatball. Place the shaped meatballs into the prepared pan and bake using the bottom heat function for 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
5. While the meatballs are baking, whisk together the hoisin sauce and blueberry jam in a small saucepan over medium heat. If too thick, add 2 tablespoons of water and mix well.
6. Remove the meatballs from the oven and either transfer them in batches into the glaze, tossing to coat, or brush the meatballs with the glaze.
7. Place one or two meatballs on each leaf of lettuce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.