Prep time: 30mins | Cook Time: 50mins | Serves: 12
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 rounded Tbsp matcha powder
1 tsp salt
1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
½ cup coconut oil
¾ cup sour cream
2 drops green food colour
2 ½ tsp vanilla
For the Matcha Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup milk
2 Tbsp matcha powder
toasted desiccated coconut
1. Prepare the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line two 1-pound loaf baking pans with parchment paper.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, matcha powder, and salt until well-combined. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a large stand mixer, mix together the sugar, coconut oil, sour cream, and green food colour until combined and smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla; mix until smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the mixing bowl, and beat on medium-speed until just combined.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pans. Bake in the oven using the bottom heat function for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
6. Prepare the Matcha Glaze. Combine the powdered sugar, milk, and matcha powder until well-mixed.
7. Pour the glaze over the matcha pound cake and sprinkle the toasted desiccated coconut on top.