Prep time: 15mins | Cook Time: 15mins | Serves: 6
6 eggplants, halved lengthwise
1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
1 Tbsp finely-chopped spring onion
For the Miso Glaze:
⅓ cup white miso paste
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp cooking sake
2 Tbsp mirin
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Make the Miso Glaze. In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside for the flavours to come together.
3. Run a knife around the flesh of the eggplant halves to make a shallow slit.
Score the flesh diagonally. Brush the eggplant slices with the miso glaze and arrange on a baking tray.
4. Bake the eggplant halves using the Electrolux oven bottom heat function for 10 minutes or until the glaze turns golden.
5. Sprinkle the eggplants with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion before serving.