Prep time: 15mins | Cook Time: 2hrs | Serves: 8
2 kg beef (sirloin, or top rump,or any beef cuts preferred)
2 Tbsp rock salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp paprika
For the Gravy:
drippings from the roast beef
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup beef stock or water
pinch salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, mix all the spices and herbs together until well-blended.
2. Rub the beef with the mixture and put in the fridge. Marinate the beef from 4 to 24 hours to soak in all the flavours.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
4. Put the beef onto rotisserie bar and secure both ends of the beef. Set the timer to 2 hours and roast the beef on convectional heat function.
5. Remove the beef from the rotisserie bar and place on a tray. Cover the entire tray with foil. Let stand for 10 to 20 minutes to seal in the juice before carving. Serve with the gravy (below).
6. Prepare the Gravy. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the flour and whisk together. Pour the beef drippings, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock or water; mix well. Season with salt and pepper then boil the mixture until slightly thick.