Prep time: 2hrs | Cook Time: 30mins | Serves: 8
1 4-lb chicken or 2 small chickens
2 Tbsp rock salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
1. Preheat the giblets from the chicken and discard. Wash the chicken inside and out; dry out with paper towels.
2. Rub the chicken with a little olive oil. Tie the wings and legs with cooking twine.
3. Mix all the spices and the sugar together and rub all over the chicken. Store the seasoned chicken in a covered container or freezer bag and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 24 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
5. Place the chicken onto the rotisserie bar and secure each end tightly. Roast the chicken for 2 hours using the convectional heat. The drippings may be used as a dipping sauce or gravy.