- Cook Time: 120 min
- Temperature: 200 ºC
- Shelf Level: 2
- Function: Quarter heat + Steam
- Water: 700 ml
- Serves: 6
- 1 turkey
- Sage herbed butter
- 200g softened butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. dried sage
- ½ tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to season
- Sage Stuffing
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 4-5 slices of white bread cubed
- 1.5 tbsp. dried sage
- Meat of 1 sausage
- ½ cup boiling water with ½ chicken
- stock cube dissolved in it
- Take the softened butter and add the sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly. Put in fridge for 10 minutes to harden slightly.
- Loosen the skin by slipping your hand between the skin and meat of the breast and legs. Break through any connections by pushing your hand to the back and sides.
- Once the skin is separated, take spoonfuls of the sage butter and insert it between the meat and skin, spreading it around with your hand until it is evenly distributed.
- Fill the cavity with the stuffing, leaving a little space as the stuffing will expand as it cooks.
- Put the remaining stuffing in an oven-proof dish and bake for 30 minutes before it is time to serve.
- Close the cavity with the excess skin, using toothpicks to secure it.
- Place the turkey on shelf level 2, using the humidity cooking function with setting ‘Humidity Low’ at 200°C cook the turkey for 30 minutes for each kg weight
- To ensure it is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the leg and if juices run clear, it is done.