- Fry the bacon slices in a skillet until crisp. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve the bacon grease.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, herbs, seasonings, and reserved bacon grease; toss well to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Arrange the potato mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake using the bottom heat function covered in foil for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and toss the potatoes. Place in the oven again and bake for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp.
- Top with crumbled bacon bits and minced fresh herbs before serving.
* Turkey bacon or crumbled crisp chicken skin may be used as substitute.
* The bacon grease may be replaced with extra virgin olive oil.