TERMS & CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE ELECTROLUX EXTENDED WARRANTY SERVICE CONTRACT
- Product means electrical and electronic products covered under a valid Service Contract.
- You and Your refers to the purchaser of the Product and Service Contract.
- We, Us and Our refers to Electrolux Home Appliances Sdn. Bhd. (Registration No: 198801008304 (175660-T))
- Coverage means coverage for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product.
- Valid Claim means any one-time full replacement or multiple repair incidences of the Product which shall in no event exceed the Product Purchase Price.
- Product Purchase Price means the price that You paid to purchase the Product as reflected on the original receipt of purchase issued by Us to You.
- Repair Facility means Electrolux Home Appliances Sdn. Bhd. or any of Our panel repairers.
- Malicious Damage means any accidental damage of the Product deliberately caused by any third Party which the Service Contract Holder was unable to prevent.
- Our Electrolux Extended Warranty Service Contract (“Service Contract”) provides Coverage for parts and labor in respect of the covered Product stated on Our Sales Invoice/Receipt for covered inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and extends the manufacturer’s coverage for a twelve (12), twenty-four (24), thirty-six (36) or forty-eight (48) months period commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s six (6), twelve (12), twenty-four (24) or thirty-six (36) months warranty and ending on the Service Contract Expiry Date.
- This means that, inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty period, the Product will have a total warranty of eighteen (18), twenty-four (24), thirty-six (36), forty-eight (48) and sixty (60) months (as the case may be) from the delivery date of the Product, subject to payment of the applicable premium and depends on the choice of plan for the Extended Warranty plan.
- The Product use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use.
This repair service Coverage is only valid during the Service Contract period commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s six (6), twelve (12), twenty-four (24) or thirty-six (36) months warranty. This repair service Coverage applies only to repairs and replacements carried out through the Repair Facility.
This Service Contract may only be purchased upon purchase of a Product and only covers a Product which:
- Is new and purchased from Us.
- Included at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty which is valid in Malaysia.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Service Contract and loss of use during the period that Your Product is at the Repair Facility and/or while awaiting repair.
- Our liability for any Valid Claim shall be limited to:
Limit of Liability
- We may, at Our sole discretion, choose to replace the Product instead or repairing it. The replacement will be the same or a similar Product. In the event that We replace the item, the Coverage ends.
- We will repair or replace the Product at Our discretion.
- We will replace Your Product with one of like kind and quality if the Product is not repairable or beyond economical repair. The replaced Product (the damaged unit) shall become Our property. Due to technological advances, the replacement product may be of lower retail value than the original Product and We will pay for the lower retail value. Any such replacement will immediately terminate this Service Contract and We shall have no further obligations for the remainder of the term of this Service Contract, if any.
We shall not be deemed to provide cover and We shall not be liable to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose Us, its parent company or its ultimate controlling entity to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union or the United States of America.
We will not be liable under the Service Contract if You do not submit the Product to the Repair Facility for repair before (a) the expiry of the Service Contract or (b) if a breakdown report has not been submitted within ten (10) days of breakdown incident.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE:
(i) Damages caused by repair work or failure to perform repair work by You, its agents or employees, or by any repair facility which is not authorized by Us.
(ii) Gross negligence of any kind.
(iii) Any defective workmanship, including but not limited to liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, strict liability and those that are subject to recall by the manufacturer/dealer.
(iv) Liability to anyone other than You or Service Contract Holder, as the case may be.
(v) Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts by You.
(vi) Property & product liability insurance.
(vii) Use of the service in any illicit trade or transportation or in the commission of a felony.
(viii) Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or the Your dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect. Products that have less than six (6) months manufacturer’s warranty.
(ix) Products that have less than six (6) months manufacturer’s warranty.
(x) Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, or Product finish, accessories used in or with the eligible Product, cables, cords, straps, chargers, add-on options incorporated in a Product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
(xi) Normal wear and tear to the exterior and interior of the Product cosmetic parts.
(xii) Under no circumstance shall You or Your representatives be liable for indirect, consequential, or incidental damages (including) damages for lost profits, business interruption, bodily injury, medical, and the like, even if any Party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
(xiii) Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
(xiv) Faults in any electrical connection, which is not part of the Product.
(xv) Routine maintenance or cleaning.
(xvi) Damage caused by neglect, abuse, misuse, theft, sand, corrosion, water damage, excessive heat, battery leakage, acts of God, commercial usage, power outages or surges, inadequate or improper voltage or current (fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity), unauthorized modification, improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity).
(xvii) Unauthorized modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorized modifications; altered serial numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorized repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
(xviii) Using the wrong voltage output which caused electrical damage to the Product
(xix) Costs of removal or reinstallation unless specifically included in the Service Contract.
(xx) Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or Your dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect unless otherwise stated.
(xxi) Any failure, malfunction, defect, inoperability, breakdown, disruption, or stoppage of the Product or any Product, functions or the functions of any related to, directly or indirectly any design, planning or engineering incompatibility.
(xxii) Repair, replacement or maintenance of items that have been subject to normal wear and tear. Failure to follow manufacturer’s recommended instructions for installation, operation, routine care maintenance, inspection, cleaning, external adjustments etc. including problems cause by a device that is not the Product, including equipment/accessories that are not OEM, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Product.
(xxiii) Repairs necessitated by cosmetic or intentional physical damage (such as chipping denting, scratching).
(xxiv) Cracked parts due to omission, gross negligence or default.
(xxv) Commercial use (multi-user organizations), public rental or, use for profit.
(xxvi) Exclusions specifically stated in the Service Contract hereto.
(xxvii) All battery coverage.
(xxviii) The loss of, loss of use of, damage to, corruption of, inability to access or inability to manipulate any computer system or electronic data within electronic or I.T. products as a result of unauthorized access or unauthorized use of such system or data or the transmission, a denial of service attack or receipt or transmission of malicious code. Computer system means any electronic hardware or software, or components thereof, that are used to store, process, access, transmit or receive information. Electronic data means any data stored on a computer system.
(xxix) Malicious Damage of Products
For Service in Malaysia → Call Electrolux Extended Warranty Support Hotline 1300-88-1122
When the Product failure occurs due to an electrical or mechanical defect, You may call the Electrolux Extended Warranty Support Hotline at 1300-88-1122 from Mondays to Fridays, 8:30am to 5:30pm or email us at email@example.com to report the failure or visit the Repair Facility.
Our Customer Service Representatives will be ready to guide You through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that You have Your proof of purchase readily available before placing the call or visiting the Repair Facility. If the original manufacturer’s warranty is still valid, You are required to utilize the original manufacturer’s warranty notwithstanding that the Service Contract is already in force. Repairs must only be carried out through the Repair Facility. For all repairs, the Service Contract sales receipt/invoice for the Product must be presented.
This Service Contract shall terminate immediately with no premium refund in the event of any of the following:
- Subsequent sale of the Product when no written request to transfer this Service Contract to the new owner has been received by Us within fourteen (14) days of such transfer;
- Disposal or repossession of the Product;
- Unauthorized repair, replacement or modification of the Product;
- In the event that a replacement is made or the claim amount exceeds the Product Purchase Price under this Service Contract.
This Service Contract can be cancelled within 30 days of the product purchase date at a full refund provided that no Valid Claim has taken place. If a Valid Claim has taken place this Service Contract cannot be cancelled.
The Service Contracts are Service Contracts for repair and/or replacement services for the Products. The Service Contracts are not insurance policies or guarantees given by Us relating to the nature of the material, workmanship or performance of the Product in favor of Us for the benefit of its customers who have purchased a Product under the Service Contract.
Assignment of Contract
If You sell or transfer Your Product to another consumer within the period of the Service Contract, You must call the Electrolux Extended Warranty Support Hotline at 1300-88-1122 within 14 days and effect the transfer of the Service Contract in writing.