Taste | 6 minute read |
To help you make the most of your new air fryer, this Beginner’s Guide from Electrolux will show you how to use an air fryer, touching upon the following subjects:
An air fryer uses hot air to cook food. The technology behind air fryers is quite simple. The machine circulates hot air around the food, which cooks it to a crispy texture. The air fryer uses an electric heating element to heat the air, and a fan circulates the hot air around the food.
When the food is placed inside the air fryer, the circulating hot air removes moisture from the surface of the food. This results in a crispy texture, like deep-fried food. The big difference between an air fryer and a regular deep fryer, however, is that you don’t need to use any oil when cooking in an air fryer. The air fryer is also designed to cook food quickly and evenly, which saves time and energy.
Most air fryers are equipped with a temperature control and a timer, which allows the user to set the temperature and cooking time according to the type of food being cooked. This ensures that the food is cooked to perfection every time.
Before using an air fryer for the first time, it is important to properly set it up to ensure that it functions correctly.
Firstly, remove all packaging materials and accessories from the air fryer. Next, wash the cooking basket and tray in warm, soapy water and dry them thoroughly. Once the cooking basket and tray have been cleaned, reassemble them and insert them back into the air fryer.
Make sure to thoroughly read the user manual that came with your air fryer, so you understand which control options are available to you. Different makes and models can vary widely in how they are used and how many options they offer, so it’s important that you familiarize yourself with them. Find out which button does what and how you can adjust temperature and cooking time.
Plug in the air fryer and turn it on, allowing it to preheat for a few minutes. This will ensure that the air fryer reaches the desired temperature for cooking. Carefully confirm that the air fryer heats up and is fully functional. Finally, turn off the air fryer and let it cool down before using it to cook food.
Before cooking any food, it is important to preheat the air fryer to the desired temperature. This ensures that the food cooks evenly and to perfection. Most air fryers come with a temperature control that allows you to set the temperature. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to set the temperature according to the type of food being cooked.
To prevent the food from sticking to the basket, either lightly coat the cooking basket with oil or cooking spray or insert some parchment paper on the bottom of the basket. Note that parchment paper may inhibit the air circulation inside the air fryer.
Once the basket is prepped, place the food inside the basket. It is important not to overcrowd the basket, as this can prevent the hot air from circulating around the food evenly.
While the food is cooking, it is important to check it periodically to ensure that it is cooking evenly. Open the air fryer and use tongs or a spatula to flip the food over or shake the basket to ensure even cooking.
Once the cooking is complete, carefully remove the basket from the air fryer and transfer the food to a plate. Be careful as the basket and food will be very hot.
After cooking, it is important to allow the air fryer to cool down before cleaning it. Turn off the air fryer and unplug it from the power source. Wait for the air fryer to cool down completely before cleaning it.
When cooking with an air fryer, it is important to keep the following safety tips in mind:
1. Read the instruction manual carefully before using the air fryer for the first time. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on how to set up and use the appliance properly.
2. Do not touch the air fryer when it is in use, as it can become very hot and cause burns.
3. Never try to use an air fryer like a deep fryer. It should not be filled with oil.
4. Use oven mitts or tongs when removing the cooking basket from the air fryer, as it will be very hot.
5. Do not use metal utensils or abrasive cleaning materials on the cooking basket, as this can damage the non-stick coating.
6. Do not immerse the air fryer in water or any other liquid, as this can damage the appliance and cause electric shock.
7. Keep the air fryer away from flammable materials such as curtains or paper towels while it is in use.
8. Do not leave the air fryer unattended while it is in use.
9. Use your air fryer in a well-ventilated area and keep in mind that some foods will produce smoke more quickly than others.
10. When removing the basket from the air fryer, set it down on a trivet or a potholder to prevent damage to the surface below.
Explore our expert guides on how to use your kitchen appliances:
An air fryer is a great appliance for those who love fried foods but want to enjoy them in a healthier way. The technology behind air fryers is simple but effective, making them a must-have in every kitchen. They are also incredibly versatile, since you’re not limited to foods that are traditionally fried. You can also oven-cook vegetables and meat and even bake bread and cakes in an air fryer.
With an Electrolux air fryer, you can roast and grill to perfection without oil and benefit from the easy cleaning of a dishwasher-safe basket. Make sure to check out our air fryers today!